I decided to soak in all of this beauty from the safety of the look-out point. I know it would have been awesome down there to see that view of this huge waterfall but it looked like it took way too much effort and I am a wimp. SORRY HOWIE! Maybe next time :)
Poipu....
After visiting the waterfall we headed off to Poipu Beach. Howie and I had gone snorkeling at this beach on our honeymoon as well again last year.
The drive is amazing....
Beautiful scenery everywhere......
The girls just hung out the windows and snapped one picture after another.
I love the "Tunnel of Trees" here in Kauai.
It looks so cool!
On the way to the beach we had to stop for "PIG CROSSINGS" These wild pigs are all over Kauai and I hear they can really be dangerous or MEAN! Not sure if that is a fact or not but I don't want to get any closer than this!
Dawn's imitation of a Pig.
Okay, she was just goofing off and she BEGGED me NOT to post this picture but it looks like she didn't BEG me hard enough!!! She makes a very Pretty Pig don't ya think? Sorry Ash... something just came over me and FORCED me to post this picture. :)
The sun was getting ready to set and we really wanted to make it to the beach so that we could enjoy the sunset.
We made it just in time! YEAH!
When we were here last year we saw this sea turtle basking in the sun up on the beach. It was cool to see another one at the same spot.
A view of the coastline with all of the hotels.....
My heart for My man......
This beach area is unique in that the waves crash up along the shorelines as well as over this coral which runs up to this little island area. Does that make any sense? So if you stand along the reef area you will get smashed with waves coming from both sides as well as behind you. Last time we were here it was nearly impossible to even walk out in this area. I have a few pictures our friends took, where the waves were crashing into us and we were barely able to stand.
We enjoyed just sitting and talking together as the sun sunk down beneath the horizon.
I love this picture of April with the sunset.
Such a pretty night.... Such a pretty daughter!
Once we hunkered down in the sand and started relaxing I did NOT want to move. It was sooooo nice!
This picture of us together looks like it was taken in the middle of the day but actually it was really dark. The sun had set and I honestly think I could have slept here all night. If the girls weren't with us....We probably would have!
My sweet daughter, Ashlee Dawn!
She was enjoying herself with us but I think that she really missed her husband Tyson. It is not as fun laying around on the beach with your mom and her husband cuddling and making out. Okay....Maybe we weren't "making out" but I sure was thinking about it!!! She was our chaperone for the night to make sure we behaved!
It was crazy to see these surfers out when the sun had already set. You can barely see them out there. They surfed for at least an hour after the sun set. Isn't that when the sharks get HUNGRY????
These next two pictures of Ash and me did not turn out because the sun had set and the camera was a little whacked but I think it looks cool. It looks like we are some "spirits" or something wondering along the beach.
Creepy a little bit. Is this what ghosts look like when you take their picture?
The sand here was so fine. You could just stand on the edge of the water and after each wave your feet would be cemented into the sand up to your ankles. It felt really cool.
The sun went down and the "CRAZIES" came out!
Not sure who these people are in these last few pictures but just keep in mind..... No one was on the beach to see their weirdness!
Okay I have to admit that we were a little "spazzed" out this night but we had a riot!
To explain what in the crap we are doing......
We had just left Honolulu and our hotel was across from the Hawaiian center. They have these hawaiian statues in these strange poses so we decided to imitate them. I think we ACED IT!
I love goofing off with my girls and my husband. They understand me! They are just as whacky as me. They are the best!
Well it was way past sundown and time to head home.....
We stopped by the restrooms before leaving and found a little friend.
Why is it that lizards hang out in restrooms? It is a little creepy to see these eyes watching you as you "do your business". Are they perverts or something????? Just wondering. I see them all the time when I am at Lake Powell too. Just hanging out to take a "peek" with their googly eyes! WIERD!
This little guy was really cool because when he would run up next to the light he would turn WHITE and kind of transparent. Kinda cool!
Okay....I know this picture of me is so wierd. I was just so excited to find a bathroom that I held out my hand like...."Yeah, it's open!" April snapped the picture and then just started laughing really hard. She wouldn't let me see the picture she had taken. Later she let me see it and here on my hand is a little lady! Very cute. I needed "HER" this whole trip. Either that or some Depend Undergarments. The girls had me laughing my guts out the majority of the trip and I was always having to find a bathroom before it was too late. Bladders at my age just don't work like they should!!!
Well it was really late when we arrived home and we just headed to bed so that we could get up early to go ziplining. Princeville Zip and Dip....Here we come!




2 comments:
Oh, T, I absolutely LOVE waterfalls!!! Thank you for posting these!!
BUT - I have to say this: my favorite pictures on this posting were those of you and your husband with the heart you drew in the sand.
Those could win some kind of award, I'm sure, if submitted to a photography magazine, but simply put, they're magic.
My goodness, I need to find some Kleenex.
Thank you for sharing these - I enjoy visiting your page here, it's always a great place to come~
That was a nice day! So pretty!
Post a Comment