Saturday, December 26, 2009

Blow Hole and Na'Pali Coast....

One of the biggest disappointments of our trip was when we planned to go to the Napali coast. This was one of my most favorite places in Kauai. We did not have time in our trip to take the nice hike along the coast but we had planned to at least go to this lookout spot to take a peek.

When we arrived we found that the view was SLIGHTLY obstructed BY THESE LOUSY CLOUDS!!!

Okay...maybe it was MORE than just SLIGHTLY obstructed. The clouds were so low that at times when we were walking around there we were totally engulfed in the mist of the cloud. It was hard to see much at all.

We couldn't see a single thing past these bushes....

It looked as if we had come to the far end of the earth. It was kind of creepy looking how it just stopped.... and then there was NOTHING! We talked about how this is probably what Christopher Columbus felt when he was exploring the world. Yep....The earth must be FLAT!

This picture turned out more clear than I actually thought it would. When I took this picture I could barely see April as she was standing in a huge CLOUD! I wish I could have captured how cool it looked that day.


It was disappointing to not be able to see the beauty of the Napali Coastline but as we walked around (waiting for the clouds to possibly blow over) we saw some beautiful trees and flowers in the area. I guess we will have to make another trip when the weather is better to show the girls the Coast.


My camera actually took these first three pictures of the flowers. Not too shabby for a cheapo camera! The flowers were beautiful. I was surprised how vibrant the colors were even though we were in the middle of a CLOUD! Seriously very, very foggy.

Here are some cool pictures that April took of the trees and flowers in the area.

Well we waited around for a while but the clouds were THERE TO STAY! When we got back to the car I saw April snapping some pictures of a magazine. I guess she wanted to document what she MISSED out on seeing.



I found this picture on the internet but I don't even think it really does it justice. I do love the blue blue water and how lush and green it is. We have some fantastic pictures from our hike the last time Steve and I came so I think when I get caught up on my postings I will have to blog about THAT trip. I was just too busy after we returned home and have never found the time to post that trip or our trip to Tahiti. Maybe soooon!



SPOUTING HORN......

After the Napali Coast excitement....Oh yeah baby it was exciting, NOT! we went to the Spouting Horn Blowholes. This is a short video clip which shows two of the larger holes. The big one on the left did not spout during the video but April captured some neat pictures of it in action. It is cool how much noise they make as the water is shooting up out of them.

We stood and watched these for quite a while.
Some of them were very powerful!
These holes were about five or six times the size of the little ones we had at our beach. The last time we came someone had climbed down to this area and was getting drenched each time it exploded. He was daring. I would be afraid to be sucked into the GIANT HOLE!

Beautiful pictures compliments of April. I think Ash took some nice ones too but I have not seen any of hers from the trip yet.

As I was walking away to go to the little outdoor shopping area that they had right there I saw this spot. There are several tiny blowholes right along the edge. I noticed it because of the sound they made each time the waves came crashing in.

They made this hissing sound as the water was pushed up through the holes.

Spectacular shot, April. I love this picture :)

After shopping for a while and picking up a few souveniers we were off to spend time at the beach. We couldn't believe the trip was almost over. So sad :(

We tried to pack as much fun and sightseeing in as possible on this trip because the girls will probably not make it back to Hawaii for quite some time. It has been a great trip so far. We LOVE it here in Hawaii. So many things to see and do. It is HEAVEN!

No comments: