On the last full day of our trip we decided to take the girls to Waimea Canyon. Once again we picked up a hitch-hiker along the way. This was some little OLD lady who was hitchin' a ride to her home. I swear she was at least 80 years old! She lived near the Waimea Canyon so it was on our way. She was fun to listen to and visit with. She lives all by herself and says she lives a very SIMPLE life. No car, no phone, no internet or tv. Basically no frills and the normal expenses in life. She has lived there for the past 15 years and seemed very content and happy with her simple way of life. When she got dropped off she crossed the street and hopped on her bike to ride home.
The scenery was extremely beautiful....
We were just driving around and everytime we saw something extraordinary we would stop the car and get out to snap some pictures. This post is just filled with some of the pure and simple beauty of the island.Spectacular views of the mountains, rivers and waterfalls.
April took some incredible shots with her new camera. Maybe she will be posting them soon on her blog.So happy she could join us on this trip :)
As we were driving along the road we noticed how similar the landscaping was to southern utah. The beautiful red rocks surrounded us. We noticed a small waterfall off the side of the road coming out of the rocks!
Howie and I decided to climb up and take a better look
Howie goofing off again :) :) :)
Ahhhhh safe in the arms of my lover boy!
The dirt on these hills reminded me a lot of Lake Powell or Saint George.
When it was time to leave Howie and I decided to RUN down the hill. We were goofing off and jumping and screaming along the way. Well we later found out that April was snapping pictures the whole way down.Okay....I know we are suppose to be mature and grown up at our age, but it just AIN'T happening with us.
WE LIKE TO ACT CRAZY and enjoy life!!!!
Yep.... We are definitely made for each other!
Beautiful colors of Waimea Canyon...
April even caught us as we were having our own little photo shoot
(hey get down here and join us in these pictures, Ape)
My beautiful "Dawnster Doo".....
This video is kind of funny if you listen carefully to it. You can hear Ashlee approach me and quietly read the "RULES" of this outlook point. She tells me that it says NOT TO CLIMB OVER THE GATE! Then she says something like "PLEASE DON'T DISOBEY" it this time. She was nervous because this place had a bunch of other people around and she feared that we would climb the fence anyway to get a better view. She didn't want to be embarrassed. So funny! NO WAY WOULD I CLIMB THAT FENCE. I am ALL ABOUT following the rules! Especially when there are PEOPLE around! I am a law abiding citizen!!!!!Love my daughter SO much!
And my husband too!
Yep, April is pretty awesome as well!
Me and my girls....
April is pointing out how truly COOL this PRIVATE island really is. It is owned by the ROBINSON family! We should give them a call and invite ourselves over for a visit. We are family!!!
One thing about Kauai is that there are chickens and roosters all over the island. They greet you as you enter the parking lots and they are there to bid you farewell when you are ready to get in your car to leave. We have been trying really hard on this trip to save some money as far as FOOD goes. We have been cooking our own for the most part. So when I saw these chickens crowding around me I thought briefly about opening my car door and smuggling some out to come home to the condo with us. Ahhhhh..... fresh eggs in the morning.We had not eaten and I thought it this looked like a nice plump rooster that we could roast up perfectly on the grill that night. I told Howie about my plan and he set off to chase down the rooster. It was funny to watch Steve run around after him.
Look how crazy Steve's face is as he is concentrating on catching this little guy. Howie is a RIOT. BUT....too slow! No luck catching dinner tonight :( I guess we will have to settle for the bagel sandwiches I had packed up in the car.
Even though he FAILED to provide a nice dinner for us all I still LOVE him. I better give him a nice big hug for his valiant attempt to provide!
He's my man!

1 comment:
It was beautiful there! Karah keeps asking about how clouds feel and what they are like so I wish she could have been there with us and felt them!
Post a Comment