Anyone that knows me, knows that I have to be actually doing something to keep me entertained. I am not one of those travelers who can go sight seeing and be impressed by some dried up mountain that was once a volcano. BOOORRRRRIIIINNNGGG! I have to have some sort of ADVENTURE or EXCITEMENT or CHALLENGE to be impressed.
WELL, this time when we got there NO ONE was down there. In fact we saw a sign that said DANGER! DO NOT CROSS THIS WALL. Well guess what.....I DID NOT OBEY!!! I promptly hopped over the fence and Howie and I headed down the hill. Ashlee just about had a coronary! She really FREAKED OUT! She was so upset that we would not follow the RULES! (Whose kid is she anyway). LIGHTEN UP AND GET DOWN HERE!!!!
We talked April into coming which was not too hard because she love ROCKS and she loves to take pictures.
April mentioned that she would be okay if we just left her there for the ENTIRE day because she was literally mesmerized by the huge waves and the beautiful blue, blue water. She found a spot near the edge and spent about an hour just snapping one picture after another. She later told that she took over 400 shots of that place.
Here are some of the cool pictures she took of the beautiful rocks which we scaled down on our way to the shoreline.
I love the way the water has worn away at the rocks....
Once Ash realized we were serious about going down to the water, she decided to join us.
Ash hiding in the cave area. It is a nice place to just sit and soak in all of the beauty around there.
Hey Dawnie, you better watch out!
Those waves are going to DRENCH you!!!!
LOOK OUT!
I love the fact that Ashlee is always trying to follow the rules and do what is right. I am glad though that she collapsed to "Peer Pressure" on this one. It was nice to see both of the girls enjoying the scenery together. It's sad though that her OWN MOM is the one trying to get her to make "BAD" choices :)
While we were down by the water we noticed these guys fishing across the way a bit. I have no idea how they got over there but......
3 comments:
Your reference to a "dried up mountain" made me laugh for 10 minutes. You are hilarious! I'm so glad you & Howie got to treat April & Ashlee to Hawaii. What a great time out for them. Looks like you all had such a blast!
You must have visited Diamond Head then if it made you laugh because it is SOOOOOO TRUE. Don't ya think?!? Well at least that was my impression of it. Who in the heck named it "Diamond Head"
Guess what! I love rocks! I really wished I could have pitched a tent and stayed awhile!
Post a Comment