Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The fourth of July Ashlee met us at the Sandy City Center to watch the parade and see the fireworks. It was great weather and we really enjoyed time spent with "Dawnie" and the Boys.

While we waited for the parade to start we decided to go find Tyson. He was on "Bike Patrol" with the fire department.

Ty all geared up and ready to go....

Tyson with his "Little Cowgirl"......

Time to go find the fun rides.....

There were several giant slides for the kids to play on. Jack-Jack wanted to slide on the Big Blue Whale.

But when he climbed all of the stairs to the top he freaked out a little bit. It looked much too big to go down by himself! He needed his mom to help him.

Mom to the rescue! WEEEEEEE......

Ashlee had her arms full with two scared boys!

There were more things to climb and play on.....

This slide is MUCH better!

Look Grandma "T" All by myself!

Brayden had so much fun it was hard to pull him away from these blow up toys when it was finally time for the parade to begin.

Luke is a very even tempered kid.

He seems to always "Go with the flow"

Time to go watch the parade.....

I love spending time with my daughters. Thanks Ashlee for coming to spend the fourth of July with me. This picture is so cute of Ashlee. It sucks of me though. Zoom in on those BEAUTIFUL wrinkles I have going on. Yikes... am I OLD or what! Yep... I am old and I love it!!!!

I am a GRANDMA! YEAH!

Brayden.......

Mom and Luke enjoying the parade!

Each time I would tell Jack to smile and say "CHEESE" he would put the flag in front of his face. Camera shy I guess!

The boys had fun seeing their daddy riding in the parade. Each time he would ride past they would get all excited.

Sometimes he'd stop for a breather to say hi to the boys. Ashlee made matching T-shirts for them with their last name on it. Good job Dawnie! They looked cute.

Ty is a Firefighter and Paramedic for Sandy City. I think he was chosen to be on "Bike Patrol" at the parades from now on. Ashlee seemed bummed out because she wants to spend the 4th of July with him but we saw him a ton that night. I wouldn't mind getting paid to ride around on a bike for a few hours. She'll just have to always come with us to the parades so I can help with the kids while Tyson gets rich riding that little bike of his. Not a bad job if you ask me!

Camera fun with Lukie.....

Luke is such a happy little boy....

with very cute personality. RIDE 'em COWBOY!

After the parade before the concert began Lauren sang the National Anthem. She is Miss Sandy Utah. Her dad is my cousin Brent. She did a nice job. Way to go Lauren and congrats at becoming Miss Sandy. You made your parents proud that night! There were hundreds and hundreds of people at the park that night. I could NEVER sing to that many people. Heck..... I wouldn't even sing to myself in the shower for that matter. People who can sing in public like that AMAZE me!

Waiting patiently for FOOOOD!

Howie finally arrived with the Pizza. He had gone to a movie with Kylan and met us at the park later. Man were we ever happy to see him. (And the pizza) We were STARVING!

I love MY MAN... I'm not letting him get away!

At least I didn't want him to leave. Kylan decided he wanted to go back to Provo instead of watching the fireworks. I was bummed because I thought Steve wouldn't be able to make it back in time. I wanted to spend the 4th with my " loverboy"!

After the parade the party began. Luckily Ash and the boys were there to keep me company. It was a lot of fun.

Dawn and Jack dancing the night away....

The concert was Fantastic! I really liked the man performing but I can't remember his name. Ashlee liked him so much she went up later and got a picture with him as well as his autograph and a CD.

Brady looking for fireworks through his new Kaleidoscope

Goodnight kisses for Lukie....

Snooozin' with her boy.... Hey they look comfy-cozy

All bundled up for the night.

Howie came back just in time for the fireworks to begin. I don't know why I was so worried about him missing them. We don't need to "watch" fireworks when we are able to "make" them ourselves.

I still see fireworks each time I kiss this man!

SERIOUSLY.....NO KIDDIN' ......HE IS THE BEST!

1 comment:

Balser said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time! I'm jealous you saw Jen! Oh well, had I been there we wouldn't have seen her! Murphy's Law! Cute kids!