Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Holman Homecoming.....

My friend Siri moved to Cedar City several years ago and it has been hard not having her just around the corner to go visit with. From the moment I met her (back in 1990) I was impressed! I thought she had the cutest family in the whole neighborhood and was excited to get to know them better. We spent many years working together in church callings. We'd get together with a group of friends to play games and hang out. The two of us have spent hours and hours just talking. I did most of the talking and she was the pro at LISTENING! She helped me out with all of the struggles and trials I have gone through in my life. She has always been by my side through my darkest moments. She's always known just what to say to help lift my spirits. I love her with all of my heart and I absolutely adore her family as well. They probably get sick of seeing me at all of their family get-togethers but I just can't help myself. Any time I hear they are gathering together for some great occassion, I invite myself to join them. THEY ARE VERY PATIENT PEOPLE and always welcome me with open arms.

The Holman Family (minus Ben and Luke)

A little over a month ago they welcomed their son, Ryan home from his LDS Misson. He went to Korea. They were gathering together as a family for his homecoming report. This just happened to be an extremely busy time in the lives of the Holman family. Besides this homecoming, both Robbie and Kelly gave birth to their new little babies. Kelly and Mark live in Cedar City also, so they decided to have their new little son, Nash blessed that same day. In addition to all of this, Robbie's son Luke got sick and had to go to the hospital. He was at Primary Children's Hospital so Ben stayed behind to be with him.

Ryan has really grown spiritually from his mission

He did a great job sharing his experiences from his mission and bearing his testimony. I love missionary reports because when they come home they seem to be so charged up about the gospel. We seem to take it for granted. I love the energy you feel from RM's

When you get together at Siri's house there is ALWAYS a FEAST!

Robbie and Kel with their little angels.....

Kelley's first born, Little Nash

I think he is only one week old. He is such a STUD! Very, very cute!

Robbie with her precious daughter, Lauren. She was sure styln' with her cute outfits. What a DOLL!

"Grammy"

Siri soaking it all in.

She doesn't get to see this little one very much because they live in Idaho. Watching Siri with her new little grandbabies makes me want a new one. Okay listen up April and Ashlee, I am ready..... Any time now!!!! Time for another one or two grandkids!

Fresh from Heaven......

Look at all of her hair.....

I love this picture of Lance reading to Tyler and Trey. They love hanging out with him. He is a great uncle! They sat there with him for a LONG TIME as they looked at this book about Korea. (I think that is the one)

Time for a quick picture with Siri and Trey

The boys kept busy with the video games downstairs while the girls hung out and visited upstairs.

Kelly taking a peek at her new little niece

Sarah and I go to hold the babies while the moms took a short nap. I can't believe how small they seem. It makes my grandkids look like MONSTERS! I'm not saying my grandkids are monsters.... I am just saying they look HUGE compared to these babies.



We were able to catch Lauren with a cute smile. She was having sweet dreams I guess :)

Randy cracks me up watching him with his grandkids. They have a great time together. Randy is a "NUT" and the kids love him!

Trey always seemed to be by his side.... They have a great relationship!

Randy has a huge garden. I was way impressed with all of the work they did on their yard this past year. It kind of bugs me that I did not take a picture of the front yard. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I thought I did but couldn't find it. Robbie drew up the landscape plans for them and it looks awesome.

Randy and Siri have made a beautiful home here in Cedar. They are always so welcoming. I love to visit them any chance I can. This family has a special place in my heart and I love them all a ton!

2 comments:

To Be or Not to Be said...

Tanya, How could I be so lucky to have such a cool, best friend????? Your words made me want to cry. Thanks for the nice things you said. There's so much dirt about me you could let the world know, but you only embellish a few "okay" things. Thanks for taking so many pictures of Ryan's homecoming & Nash's blessing. I love them. You know how I am about taking pictures and camcording, but just couldn't get a handle on things to do it. I appreciated you coming the night before and bailing me out ---- as usual! It was nice that my kids really got acquainted with Steve. They got to know how awesome he really is. Thanks again for everything.

Balser said...

You always complain when we are pregnant (and nursing!) I know a way you could get a new baby...maybe you could quit work and adopt one and we three could have playdates! You're still young!