Friday, December 26, 2008

Luke's Birthday Celebration......

November 30, 2008

As soon as we got home from our California Trip we headed over to Ashlee's house for a birthday party. Luke turned two years old on the 28th of November. Ash invited some of their friends, April and her family and us over to celebrate.

Howie and Heather

Luke and Lyss playing together.....

I can't believe he is already two! Time sure flies by.


Blowing out the candles......


YUUUUUMY! This boy sure loves food!

Aunt April smeared some frosting on his face to make him look like a football player. He did not think that was a cool idea at all. He is probably mad because that frosting could have gone in his mouth instead of on his cheeks. What a waste of perfectly delicious frosting. He's a funny kid!

Aunt April and Uncle Shawn got him a book and some fun linking blocks



Heather showing him how to play with them......


love these toys. I am going to have to get some for my toy room at my house.


Grandma T took hours wrapping up Lukie's gift. Oh how I love garbage bags :)

Almost opened.....

We decided to get Luke a big wheel motorcycle this year.

He seemed to really like it....

He wanted to ride it before it was even put together all the way

Daddy putting on the finishing touches....

It makes real motorcycle noises....

Glad this toy is at his house and not mine :)

vrooom...vroooom!

Ashlee has this pull up bar in her house that Tyson uses to work out with. We had fun watching as each person tried it out.

April needed some assistance from her sister, Ashlee.

Shawn could do quite a few.... Very impressive!


After everyone had a turn Tyson put on a show for us. He did it with such skill and ease. He did these crazy zig-zag type pullups (not sure what they are called) but it was INSANE! He would lift his body up to the bar level and then switch his body to the left and the right before going down and then back up instantly for another. He is one tough guy!

The kids loved watching the adults and insisted on having a turn as well.

WOW Luke I like your style. Before long you will be as good as your daddy on that thing!
When Howie and I were in California we found these GIANT marshmallows. We decided to buy some for our grand kids and my school students.

They are about the size of four regular sized marshmallows. See the comparison.

Boo showing off her marshmallow.


Well for those of you who know my son-in -law Shawn you probably know he has many talents. One of which is his ability to cram huge amounts of things in his mouth at one time. Marshmallows just happen to be one of the things that he is known for. He can put about 20 regular marshmallows in his mouth at one time. I think he holds some crazy record. Anyway.... I decided to challenge him to see how many of these giant marshmallows he could get in at one time. I tried it myself and I could barely get ONE of these puppies in! They are seriously HUGE!

He started off with two. If you notice his daughter, Boo sitting next to him munching on a marshmallow. Well after he got one of them situated in his left cheek, Boo started worrying about him. You can hear her telling her dad not to put any more in his mouth. She finally has to leave and go upstairs because it upset her so much. (see video above)

Once two were safely nestled in his chubby cheeks he went on for more. He ended up stuffing two more marshmallows in his mouth!

When he looked like there was absolutely no way anymore could possibly fit, he motioned for a fifth one. We handed him another (thinking NO WAY POSSIBLE) until he slowly shoved it in. OUCH! His cheeks have got to be aching!

I think he should go on some show and share his talent. I don't know many people who can hold this much of anything in their mouths. It's AMAZING to me!!!

I know this picture is kind of gross and not necessary but I just couldn't stop myself. Look at the amount of marshmellows he regurgitated. It filled both of his hands. I think he need to go on David Letterman or Jay Leno to show off his talent!

Here is my "much Daintier" eater, the birthday boy, Luke. I wonder if he can shove all three olives in his mouth at once?

It was nice to visit with family once again and we made some fantastic memories. Luke is such a wonderful grandson and we both adore him to pieces! So even tempered, happy go lucky, he's a very loving and cuddly grandson!

Happy Birthday "big guy" We love you!!!


No comments: