My little granddaughter Kaitlyn Dawn would be seven years old this year. April decided to have the girls make birthday cards for her.

It was so cute to watch them carefully create these cute cards for a BIG sister that they have never met. I am amazed how close they feel to her and the love that they express for her on a daily basis.

I love the way April has kept her memory alive with the girls. She is always doing sweet things to help the girls know their big sister better. They had the sweetest most tender comments as they drew these pictures.

Lyss says...."I luz my sista!"

April covered the pictures that they made with lamination to protect them from the weather.

Cute picture that Karah made for her big sis.

Karah's work of art!
Now that the pictures are complete it is time to head off to the cemetary.

April brought some pretty spring flowers and pinwheels to decorate the graves with.

Here Lyss is trying to make the pinwheel turn but out at that cemetary, there is NO PROBLEM getting a little pinwheel to spin. The problem is....hoping it doesn't blow away all together.

April was sad that there still is no marker for her sweet little boy Evan. So she made a temporary sign when the girls were making their pictures. Little Evan Michael's grave is right next to his big sister.

She also brought flowers for him.

I love the view from this cemetary. The mountains are gorgeous. Hey.....so is my granddaughter Karah. SMILE pretty Boo! In this picture if you look in the background you can see the marker for our neighbor and friend, Judy Hague. She just passed away a short while ago and is buried really close to my sweet grandchildren. Every time I go to visit their grave I think of her and the wonderful impact she had on so many people's lives. GREAT WOMAN!!!

April carefully anchored the little pictures and letters that the girls made into the ground.


Can't believe that she would actually be seven years old. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that she was with us. Time sure flies by!

My Sweet girls....
I LOVE THIS PICTURE SO MUCH!

We had packed a small picnic lunch to eat while we were visiting Katy's grave. We thought that would be a fun thing to do together to celebrate her seventh birthday.

But as soon as we began eating the wind really picked up. It was quite NIPPY and so we decided to take our picnic back to the car and eat it there. BURRR it gets cold at that cemetary. For some reason the wind is ALWAYS blowing and this spring morning was WAY too cold to be sitting outside.

We packed up our baskets and headed to the car. I thought it was kind of funny that here we were ABSOLUTELY FREEZING and we all were drinking SLURPEES.... Okay who decided that one? BURRRRR!

April laid down the seats in her Pilot and we laid the picnic blanket out. Ahhhh! It was comfy cozy. Very warm too.


We sat and ate together and talked about little Katy Bug. We sang songs and just really enjoyed each other's company.
Karah is always singing songs. Some are more random than others but they always seem to express the way she is feeling. I love the way these girls laugh and play together. They truly are "Very Special Friends" to each other. What a wonderful afternoon spent with April's little family. So grateful that they will be together for eternity. Such a comforting thought. I love all of my grandchildren so much and look forward to one day reuniting with Evan and KatyBug. That will be a HAPPY day indeed!
1 comment:
What a wonderful way to remember your sweet baby "Angel". I am sure she felt your love this day!
Love you,
Howie
Post a Comment