We love just laying around on the beach and soaking up the sun and relaxing.
Me on the other hand just need some goodies,
My new favorite Hawaiin snack ..... Yummy pineapple pretzels!
Story about my pretzel cookie treats...
We had gone to the nearby store to pick up some goodies and food to snack on. We had decided to get extra food to make lunches to save money while we were there, instead of going out to restaurants. As we were walking back to the hotel I thought WOW we spent a lot of money just on this small amount of food. I then checked the receipt and found that they had charged us about $16.00 for this small box of "pretzel like" pineapple snacks. I just thought they had the price wrong and it was suppose to be $1.60
Howie headed back to the store to get his money back and when he walked over to the aisle, much to his SURPRISE...... He found they were indeed.....$16.00. WHAT!!!!! Are you freaking KIDDING ME! NO WAY!
We actually went in and took a picture of this enormous RIP-OFF! For anyone that knows me you know I am probably the Cheapest shopper out there. I absolutely HATE spending money! No Way would I waste our hard earned money on this! BUT....We had already opened it up and tasted them before we had checked the receipt so we couldn't return them. We savored them for the entire week. We rationed them out so that we had ONE a day. We made it well worth the money. They actually were quite yummy and I think each time we go back to work in Hawaii we should pick up a box just for laughs. It is now my new treat of choice for Hawaii.
Our Hotel by the beach......
I know I post so many pictures in my blog about everything I do and everywhere I go. I put WAY to many pictures on each post BUT....I am doing if for my journal and I like to remember the places we stayed and the things that we did there. So when I put these boring pictures of hotels and such on my blog just skim through them and know that it is just for my information.
We found a few hotels in Waikiki that are awesome deals. Really nice hotels for cheapo prices. That works out well when we are traveling for business. Nice place to stay and we can keep our costs down. Works out great!
We only had one day to relax before we headed over to Kona to work. This man sure knows how to make every day enjoyable. Even just a walk around town is a lot of fun.
I love these banyan trees (not sure how to spell it)
They amaze me how they grow
Waiting for the shuttle. We had an Early, Early morning flight to Kona. Not quite awake yet! He must be making a wish or something. Maybe wishing for a successful week to come.
Beautiful gorgeous Kona.... We are back!
This picture is from out on our balcony. Pretty!
This just happens to be the bay that our cruise ship came into for our honeymoon 2 years ago. Back then we only had one day before the ship took off for our next stop. We spent that day snorkeling in this bay and Howie thought it was one of the best places he had gone. He went beyond the point he was suppose to and found some incredible fish there. We also went para sailing. We sure made some fun memories on our honeymoon. This place was definitely one of them.
Steve's office is just up the street from this hotel. I never thought I would ever get back here. I am excited to spend some time on this beautiful island.
This was "My office"
I actually spent many, many hours on a lawn chair right here pool-side, reading, studying and testing.
I basically had the entire pool area to myself because everyone else visiting Kona were playing on the beach, para sailing, snorkeling, shopping or eating. The pool was right next to the beach but it was really peaceful and quiet with no one around so that I could concentrate on my work.
I had MAJOR brain cramps at times. I did not think that I could possibly learn all the information required for this license but some of it is actually sinking in this thick skull of mine. I had tests I would have to take after each chapter I read and amazingly enough I did quite well. I have a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG way to go but at least I have made a dent in some of the things I need to learn.
View from the pool area.
People would come and take these boats out and have races at night with them.
Every morning and most evenings we would either go out for a walk or a run. Well, Howie would run and I of course would walk. I was absolutely stunned by the beauty there. We often would start out even before the sun rose in the morning. It was so peaceful and gorgeous. The streets are lined with beautiful flowers EVERYWHERE! These hedges of "color" were breathtaking as they lined the streets. After our first morning walk I decided to take my camera on my next walk to try to capture some of this beauty. Pictures NEVER really do things justice. But here is my attempt. I only wish there was some way to capture the beautiful smell that goes along with these flowers. Maybe some "scratch and sniff" computer monitor screen would be a great invention for pictures like these. I also wish I could figure out my camera so that the colors would be as vibrant as they actually are. I loved how the morning sun would hit the petals and they were just so bright and colorful. Oh well.....These are my pretty flowers!
I actually have these in my backyard. I love them!
This one has a teeny tiny grasshopper inside.
I absolutely HATE grasshoppers but this tiny green one is cute!
Hawaii also has the coolest trees.
I couldn't get a really good picture of this tree but it was enormous!
I love all of the twisted branches.
These trees have the sweetest smell. They are filled with flower petals which they make a lot of the hawaiian leis from. Each morning I would pass this particular tree and pick up a flower which had fallen to the ground and for the next hour or two as we walked I would just smell it. Can't get enough of that smell. I think it is called Plumeria (not sure) but very pretty.
Hawaii also has some pretty awesome looking plants as well.
Here are a few of my favorite ones.....
We had a nice meal at Bubba Gump's Restaurant.
Yummy Food!
I also loved the view. You can see that we are seated right next to the water. I love the sound of waves crashing and that was our "background music" for the evening. Very fun!
Hey Howie, I found myself a "REAL MAN" ha ha ha ha!
This man needs a tissue! Something is up his nose!
Each night at the Hotel they had a Luau and this little ceremony on the beach outside our room. We decided not to go this trip but each night we enjoyed the music and celebration from our room or balcony. I am getting to be a great little Hula dancer! :) :) Just kidding!
One of the funny experiences we had happened one evening at the local Ross clothing store while Howie was trying on some clothes. He got injured in the whole ordeal and we learned some very important lessons there.
#1 Never go into a men's dressing room area unless you are a certified male person!
(Even if there is no other man in the store)
#2 Never ignore warnings from the store security dude to GET OUT....OR ELSE!
#3 Never (and I mean NEVER) tell someone who is yappin' in your face to "SHUT UP!
(that by the way is cussing in Hawaii)
#4 Never leave your poor husband in the dressing room alone -NO MATTER WHAT!
He may get injured by a fallen hanger!
#5 Always get the general managers name and number for a complaint and possible law suit!
Yep my poor man needed special assistance while he was trying on clothes and he was DENIED that privilage. Due to their "Store policy" My poor Howie was injured and I made a fool of myself in public. We had to be escorted out by some little lady. Very funny! Long story but really funny. I get really stubborn when rules make no sense to me and I feel there is not a big issue. I seem to always be getting myself into trouble, thanks to my attitude and my mouth. ooops!
Can't see it because of the bandaid but Poor Howie almost needed stitches! Just kidding but that is what I told the annoying Ross employees. URRRRG! Some people really urk me!
KONA TEMPLE......
Another wonderful memory and nice experience was the opportunity to visit the Kona Temple. We had actually walked for several hours one morning trying to find it. (Just to get some pictures during the daylight hours) We could see it when we came in from the airport and we knew it was close to the Walmart but we just couldn't figure out how to get there. We seriously walked, and walked, and walked, with no luck. The evening after Howie got off work we took a taxi there and on the ride to the temple we realized it was just down the street from the hotel. We passed the road we needed to turn on during our runs each morning. It was REALLY close to Steve's work. CRAZY!!!
I was very excited to see the temple in Kona. Each time we travel somewhere we try to take time to visit the temple in that area. The last time we came to Kona we were on our honeymoon. It was a cruise and we were only in Kona for one short day. When Steve told me that he was going to be working in Kona for a week the first thing I thought was YEAH! We can finally go to the temple there! We were able to get our recommends renewed just before our trip and it was such a blessing to be able to go inside this holy place. What a wonderful night!
It was getting dark quickly and I was only able to get a few shots before we went to our session. I love how each temple has it's own uniqueness (is that a word) about it.
Very enjoyable evening with my eternal companion!
I feel so blessed to have him for ETERNITY!!!
What did I do to deserve this blessing in my life?
After a week in Kona it was back to Honolulu so that I could fly home to get back to school. Howie stayed and worked another week in AlaMoana.
The night before I went home we went to this really cool restaurant called the Oceanarium. A fabulous seafood buffet. They had this two or three level aquarium there with TONS of really cool fish in them. I took some pictures and videos but they are on another memory card which I have no access to at this time. Here is one of the short videos of some cool stingrays we say swimming around as we ate. Very awesome!
I love how gracefully they glide through the water and how they swim in unison. I also love how they would swim right up the the windows and you got some pretty cool "up close and personal" shots! I may post some of the other pictures at a later time. This place was delicious and a great way to end a super week in Hawaii! Thanks Howie!
Time to say goodbye (4:00) in the morning. I wish I could have stayed the extra week with my man but I had to get back to the last week of school. Howie had the opportunity to meet the owner of this franchise and he seemed to hit it off with him right away. He really liked Howie and wanted him to return in a few weeks to do his other store in Honolulu. This gentleman also owns some stores in the "states" and so I think Howie will probably have some more business with him. Yeah! A new client. It is great how everyone that meets Steve is so impressed with his sweet, kind attitude and they seem to really enjoy his company. He has found a lot of success because of the honest way he does business and how well he treats his customers. Great job this week Howie. I am proud of you. I love you always and forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment