Monday, March 10, 2008

In Memory of Kaitlyn Dawn.....


I miss you "Katie-Bug"......



March 11, 2003 was one of the most special days in my life. A day that I will always cherish. Five years ago today my dear sweet Kaitlyn was born.


She was my very first grandchild and I can not describe to you in words how excited I was to be a grandma. It was amazing to me as I held her for the first time, to feel of her sweet spirit as it filled the room of that hospital, knowing she had just left the presence of our Heavenly Father. It was a very emotional day and one I will never forget.


She was an angel sent straight from our loving Heavenly Father to join our family.

I was overjoyed watching my daughter April become a mom and knew that she would do an incredible job.

Kaitlyn was only on this earth with us for a short week but during those few days I grew to love her more than I ever imagined possible.

I felt such a bond with my little granddaughter.



Sleeping peacefully just hours before our lives would be turned upside down.


Kaitlyn stopped breathing early Sunday morning and I was literally heartsick. Not only for the loss of my granddaughter but for the pain my daughter April and her husband Shawn had to endure during this time. I can not tell you how proud I was of them for the faith and strength they showed during this difficult trial.

I was extremely sad when we found that Kaitlyn would not be staying with us. She was called back to her heavenly home. A huge chunk of my heart was ripped out that day but it was so comforting to know that if I make good choices and live my life on earth the best way I know how I can be reunited with my sweet little angel someday.



I love you My Precious Kaitlyn Dawn.....


We miss you OOOOODLES!
I Love My Girls

1 comment:

Balser said...

Well, thanks for making me cry! I didn't even cry when I posted my own post about her! That was very sweet! I guess I like to distance myself from my feelings so I tend to say things matter of factly but you wrote yours from the heart and I felt it! Thanks for bringing me back to reality! I love you "Grandma T"! ape